4R100 Stage 1 Package, 1999-2003 Ford 4WD and 2WD with PTO
The factory Ford 4R100 suffers from weak points in the converter, clutch pack assemblies, valve body and line pressure limitations. These weaknesses arise when the motorÃ‚Â« s power is increased or in towing applications. ATS addressed these concerns by re-designing the torque converter, transmission pump, valve body and clutch packs. The result is a solid transmission setup to meet the demands of your Ford Super Duty. The ATS Stage 1 4R100 features:
- ATS Five Star Torque Converter featuring a billet cover, five lock-up clutches, billet stator and a furnace-brazed impeller
- Modified transmission pump for increased line pressure
- High performance clutch packs with more clutches than stock
- Re-designed accumulator pistons for a precise shift feel
- ATS Deep Transmission Pan that adds 5 quarts of fluid, featuring a finned design, magnetic drain plug and is tapped for a temperature probe
By increasing the line pressure, clutch pack surface area and modifying the valve body, the 4R100 becomes a consistent, responsive and dependable transmission. The ATS Stage 1 4R100 is designed for trucks that see daily driving and towing duties, as well as minor modifications like an upgraded air intake, exhaust or mild tune. ATS transmissions are backed by a 5 year / 500,000 mile warranty Ã‚Â«_ regardless of power level or use. Contact ATS to learn more about building a 4R100 for your Super Duty!